Digital strategy firm Webbmedia Group has cited drones that can think, collaborative software to further socialize our office communications, and virtual reality beyond the realm of video games as some trends that will find themselves in offices in the New Year.
But there's way more where those came from. Fasten your seatbelts, according to Webbmedia, for break-out innovations including:
- Small Virtual Personal Assistants (SVPA's): Think Siri rising above her audio-helper status to take on a more complex "predictive intelligence," quasi-executive assistant app role.
- Privacy software, in the wake of this past year's uber-hack jobs on major retailers and government agencies: Expect big money to be spent on privacy, including password security and encryption management software.
- Internet of Things, practically a cliché by now: Consumers can expect all manner of devices and gadgets that "talk amongst themselves," in tandem with...
- Ambient Proximity: Beacon technology that enables smartphone users to interact even more closely with connected devices in close proximity.
- Social Payments: Social-mobile payment apps are taking on social networks – and a life, apparently, of their own. Who ever thought splitting the dinner check could be fun?
We wish all our readers and your loved ones a Wonderful Holiday Season and a Healthy, Happy New Year. Be sure to continue watching this space for diverse items of interest to HR professionals in 2015.Last modified on Tuesday, 13 January 2015